Monday, March 7, 2016

Homework trials and tribulations




One of my biggest struggles I have is with my youngest is the dreaded "Homework Time".  You would think that I was asking him to solve the unknown physics problem of why there is more matter then anti-matter in the observable universe! In fact, I am asking him to state what is merely a fact and what is an opinion. The problem is he thinks his opinions on everything are facts!! (Hmmm.... I wonder where he gets that from?? haha) But I have to admit that I love it when my children all come together to support and help one another with out me asking.


We have tried just about everything at home to keep him from having a panic attack.  The hard part is that usually structure is very needed and disapline usually brings on more problematic behavior.  So our cycle is never ending.  And each time we think we learned how to handle his stress and help him manage his frustration, all the matter and anti matter in the universe laugh at us.  I swear I can hear the universe whisper to me how silly it thinks I am.  Every day after a new disappointment and failure I sigh, and challenge the universe to bring it on.  Would this make me a masochist?  I may be a grandmother by the time I get it, but I swear, I will tackle this quest..... eventually!   Until then I will take my deep breaths and pray for guidance and even more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment