Friday, March 25, 2016

Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the mess that is our lives. It's easy to drown in expectations, worries, grief, and disappointments that we loose sight of the bigger picture. We begin to define ourselves and see our life in such a negative way that it becomes it's own persona. Then one day, you wake up, and see there is so much more that you have been taking granted. And I believe that this happens many times in our life.

As a mother of three I get drowned in the never ending battle between the siblings, the house work, the ability to still try to be the best wife I know how to, and the struggle to find time for myself. So I have moments when I just want to shut my eyes, and drown out the world. I will be honest and say that I have tried to do this and the result is that it never seems to lift that weight off my shoulders. Then I have days like I did today. Where something just clicks, perspective is shifted and I see things in a different light. I simply think "I am blessed".











No comments:

Post a Comment